|For over 20 years Henderson County Health Department has worked with patients and families in providing intermittent skilled care in the client's own home under the direction of their private physician. Our nurses will also make arrangements for our patients to obtain necessary medical supplies, teach patients and families how to manage illness, and serve liaisons to provide a vital communication link. Henderson County Health Department is a Medicare Certified Home Health Agency.
Who Qualifies ?
People of any age with an illness, injury or disability that requires skilled
nursing care under the direct supervision of their private physician.
Who Can Make A Referral?
Any interested person including immediate family or other relative; a neighbor;
doctor; friend; clergy; hospital staff; social worker; nursing home staff; or
other agency. To make a referral or to arrange for services, please call:
Henderson County Health Department at: 309-627-2812
Services Provided By:
- Professional Nurses - dressing changes, catheter care, ostomy care, diabetic care, IV therapy
- Physical Therapists - home exercise program, balance retraining, gait training
- Occupational Therapists - home exercise program, upper extremity strengthening
- Speech Therapists - home exercise program, teach swallowing technique to prevent choking
- Certified Nurse Aids - assist with safety for personal care
- Home Care Aids - general housekeeping
Office hours are from 8am to 4pm, Monday through Friday; however there is a nurse on call 24/7.
Our service area covers all of Henderson County, the southern half of Mercer County, and the western half of Warren County.
Who pays for Home Health Services?
- Health Insurance
- Veterans Administration
- Private Pay (based on income)
- Department of Aging
For additional information call: