women infants and children

WIC is an income based supplemental food and education program providing nutrition education, breastfeeding education and support, and food packages. WIC foods are good sources of important nutrients to help you and your children with health, proper growth, and development.

WIC services are provided at no cost to income eligible participants.

Who WIC Helps

Pregnant women
Moms up to 6 months after the baby is born, if they are not breastfeeding
Moms up to 1 year after the baby is born, if they continue breastfeeding
Babies up to their first birthday
Children from age 1 up to their 5th birthday
Women suffering the loss of a recent pregnancy (within 6 months)

What WIC Provides

Nutritious Foods
Nutrition education
Breastfeeding education and support
Healthcare referrals
Community Programs information and referrals


WIC encourages breastfeeding. Breastmilk is the best food for your baby’s health. It has just the right balance of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients needed for your baby to grow well. Breastfeeding is a special time for everyone, it helps establish a secure and loving bond between you and your baby of offers you many positive health benefits as well, including a reduced risk of disease such as breast cancer and diabetes.

While breastfeeding is natural, it is also natural to feel unsure of yourself at first. Henderson County WIC has a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor to help you with any questions you may have or to help, if needed. They can help you meet other breastfeeding mothers and breastfeeding experts you can talk to.

Call 309-221-2993 to reach our Breastfeeding Peer Counselor.

Growing Helathy Family

Henderson County WIC Office Hours

Tuesday and Wednesday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
The third Wednesday of every month, appointments available from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM.

For additional information or an appointment:

Phone: 309-627-2812 ext. 235
Fax: 309-627-2305

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/ad-3027.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by: mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or email: Program.Intake@usda.gov This institution is an equal opportunity provider.